To mark 75 years of Independence (Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav), Team DPIFF along with their Tourism Partners: Gujarat Tourism, Rajasthan Tourism, Chhattisgarh Tourism, Madhya Pradesh Tourism, Arunachal Pradesh Tourism and Karnataka Tourism pledged and fulfilled 10 CSR Activities before their main event of Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2022 on 20th February, 2022 in Mumbai. To combat climate change, Team DPIFF supports Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s initiative to reduce carbon footprints through the awareness on renewable energy sources.
The activities that were successfully concluded were:
- Food Distribution Campaign- Food grains were distributed to the homeless. Food is a basic necessity that should be accessible to one and all. Team DPIFF was able to carry this out because of the strong backing from their Tourism Partners.
- Promotion of Indian Art, Culture & Heritage- The Indian Tourism states are abundant in Art, Monuments, its rich history and unknown to many the scriptures that define the strong culture which though differentiates but brings them together. This was promoted not on in the digital world but also displayed by the Aayana Dance Group at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards- A reflection of the folk dances from each Indian state.
- Support to Vocal for Local Campaign- When we speak about the individuality of each state we emphasise what makes them unique, be it the Khadi of Gujarat, Mojdi of Rajasthan, Channapatna toys of Karnataka, Leather speciality of Madhya Pradesh, Handlooms of Arunachal Pradesh or abundance of minerals in Chhattisgarh. Being vocal about the local artists and goods is what we aim at.
- Promotion of Swadeshi- Team DPIFF along with Gujarat Tourism, Rajasthan Tourism, Chhattisgarh Tourism, Madhya Pradesh Tourism, Arunachal Pradesh Tourism and Karnataka Tourism not Spread awareness about Swadeshi through a digital campaign but also felicitated top 5 farmers from different corners of the Indian Sub-continent. Our Farmers have provided us with food when the whole world was suffering through the pandemic.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Awareness- The Indian states are adopting to keep their land cleaner and free of pollution. Not only this Indore- a city in Madhya Pradesh is the cleanest city in India followed by Surat (Gujarat), in 2nd position, Ambikapur (Chhattisgarh) in 4th position, Mysore (Karnataka) in 5th position. (2019-2020 Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs). Tawang district of Arunachal Pradesh has been crowned as the cleanest district in North East India. Digital promotion of the same was carried out so that the citizens of the country can find inspiration to keep their homeland clean.
- Promoting Go Green- Our Tourism Partner states largely promote eco-tourism. They actively conserve nature and contribute in restoring the environment. So does Team DPIFF. The common goals coalesced into a common initiative of promoting go green. Whether it be planting saplings, protecting the natural flora and fauna, or urging the citizens by creating awareness.
- Awareness on Women’s Hygiene- There are ‘n’ number of myths and taboos that surround menstrual cycle. Breaking those myths and creating awareness on the usage of sanitary pads instead of cloth or soot is the utmost priority here. Tourism state partners have supported immensely by funding the hygiene kits given to these girls of 10-19 years of age.
- Tree Plantation Drive- Tree Plantation drive was conducted in Navy Nagar, Colaba in the presence of of Lt. Colonel RK Banerjit- Second in Command (Heading Punjab Battalion) , Hon’ble Padmashree Ujjwal Nikam, senior public prosecutor, Grandson of Dadasaheb Phalke Ji and Actor Manoj Bakshi and in support of our Tourism Partners Gujarat Tourism, Rajasthan Tourism, Chhattisgarh Tourism, Madhya Pradesh Tourism, Arunachal Pradesh Tourism and Karnataka Tourism. Not only this, all the awardees and Token of Appreciation recipients are given a plant along with their trophy on the main day of event as a symbol of their growth along with that plant.
- Beach Clean Up Drive- The ‘Beach Clean-up Drive’ drive hit its crescendo on Sunday 19th Dec 2021, when over 100 residents, Bollywood celebrities, NCC Volunteers, Team DPIFF, Dalip Tahil Ji – Indian Veteran Actor, Afroz Shah – Lawyer & Environmental Activist, Col. Tushar Joshi – Sena Medal and Ministry officials.
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (Skill Development)-Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival and Eka Foundation initiated the distribution of school kits for girls under the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ campaign. An estimated that 8.1 million children are out of school, in India. Illness and lack of interest result in children being absent from school, which minimises their educational gain. Once children begin formal schooling, they still face challenges such as low learning ability, lack of daily academic supplies, etc.
Hence, Team DPIFF successfully commemorated 10 CSR activities before the prestigious ceremony which was held on 20th, February, 2022 in Mumbai.